Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Best Halloween EVER!!!

Hadli Valene Hunt was born on October 31st 2012 at 3:53 p.m. She weighed 7lbs and 6oz and was 20.5 inches long.
I checked in the hospital at 7 a.m. and started Petosin at about 9. Dr Heath did a Folley induction (won't describe the details of that because I know for a FACT I won't forget them) and I progressed pretty quickly and the worst part was having hot flashes and getting sick to my stomach.
Getting the Epidural was a little rough because it took a little longer than normal and I was having pretty steady contractions by that time. After it set in I felt good but Hadli's heart rate started dropping and we had a few minutes that were scary and I had to wear an oxygen mask for the rest of the delivery.
When it came time to start pushing I got really nervous becuse I knew that meant that she was actually going to be here and I got a rush of a million emotions at once.
As for the actual pushing I felt really great and so alert and present. I gave it everything I had and she was in my arms after only five or six contractions. She was so pink and so perfect with luscious red lips and curly dark hair.
It was all so surreal and I honestly couldn't believe she was my baby. I remember thinking in that moment that was was not good enough, responsible enough, smart enough, patient enough, to be her parent.

No comments: